Devilled eggs, also named as stuffed eggs, are something that everyone loves, especially the children. In this dish, hard boiled eggs are filled with a delicious paste made with mayonnaise, egg yolk, and some seasonings. It’s a side dish or can also be served as snack. It goes with almost everything in every occasion. If you have guests at your place, and you have nothing especial at your house, then this is your perfect recipe. This is one dish that’ll require nothing but a dozen of eggs and mayonnaise. This is an extremely easy recipe, and it takes only 10-15 minutes to prepare the dish.
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise, refrigerated
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mustard
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Take water in a pot and add a pinch of salt to it. Turn the heat to high till the water starts to boil.
- Place the eggs in the water and let them cook for 10- 15 minutes in low-medium heat. Make sure that the eggs are hard boiled.
- Then, drain the water and rinse the eggs with cold water till the eggs become cold.
- Now, gently crack the shells and very carefully peel the eggs. Be very careful while doing this.
- After peeling the eggs, place the eggs in a tray and carefully cut them in half (lengthwise).
- Now, remove the egg yolks and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Mash egg yolks using a spoon or fork.
- Add mayonnaise, dry mustard, and salt one by one, and mix it well. The mixture will be thick. But, if it gets too thick, you can add some more mayonnaise and mix again till it becomes a creamy paste.
- Now, take a spoonful of the paste and fill egg whites carefully.
- Sprinkle paprika over eggs and serve.
Removing the egg yolks is very difficult for those preparing the dish for the very first time. You can use a fork to remove the yolks. Or, you can gently squeeze the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.