Want to eat something different than your everyday plain rice? Try this recipe as it works as a great alternative to your standard rice side dish.
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 and 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Brown rice (long grain and not instant)
- Pepper and salt, as per taste
- Take a small skillet and in medium high get the oil heated. Add garlic and onion and cook.
- Keep stirring until the onion turns golden brown in color. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add rice and sauté for around one minute.
- Next, add chicken broth. Add salt and pepper as per taste and bring it to boil.
- Cover with a lid and bring heat to a low heat. Until rice is tender, simmer and let the liquid get absorbed. Keep it this way for about 50 minutes.
- Keep checking the rice and, if required, add some water from time to time. Uncover the lid. Let the rice stand for about 5 minutes and then serve it.
Enjoy this simply yet delightfully flavored rice dish with some healthy side-dish. You can garnish this dish with cucumber, onions, carrots, and tomato. Add lime juice, if you want.
See more Golden Corral copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!