The Fiesta corn and potato
chowder is the perfect chicken based potato chowder you will have.
This recipe combines onions, milk, butter, chicken broth, red
potatoes and corn to land an elegant delicacy. The chopped jalapeno
pepper and paprika helps to add spice and flavor to an already
- 1 chopped medium onion
- Butter or Margarine, 2 tablespoons
- Cubed Red potatoes, 3 large
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Chicken broth, 1 can (14.5 oz.)
- 1 chopped Jalapeno pepper (Tip - for extra spice, leave seeds in)
- Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons
- Paprika, ½ teaspoon
- A teaspoon of Salt
- Frozen corn, 4 cups
- All-purpose flour, ¼ cup
- Shredded Taco chips, 1 cup
- Red pepper flakes, crushed, ¼ - ½ teaspoon
- Chopped green onions (4)
- Milk, 3 cups, divided
- Sauté the green pepper and Onions in some butter on a large saucepan till it becomes tender.
- Add the Potatoes and the broth to the mixture, allow to boil.
- Cover and allow to boil for 15 minutes or till you realize the potatoes are almost soft then stir in the Jalapeno pepper, Paprika, Salt and red pepper flakes.
- Add the corn, the green onions and pour in two ½ cups of milk and allow to simmer.
- Mix the remainder of the milk with the flour until it becomes smooth. Gradually add the mixture to the soup and allow to boil.
- Cook the mixture, stirring throughout for about 2 minutes when the mixture had thickened and becomes bubbly.
a little Taco chips to top and serve in a bowl.
See more Jack In The Box copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!
There is no nutrition information is available for Jack In The Box Fiesta Corn and Potato Chowder but feel free to check out the Jack In The Box nutrition for other dishes.