Preparing potato soup is easy. This homemade soup is not only tasty, but it is healthy too. It’s a cheesy delight and a must for your family time.
- 6 Potatoes (peeled and made into half an inch cube)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 quart Chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Chives, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream (if you want)
- 8 slices Bacon, crumbled and fried
- Cheese (for sprinkling purpose)
- Take potato, onion, garlic cloves, pepper, chicken broth, butter, and salt in a big crockpot. Cover it and cook for about 4 hours on high flame. Make sure that the potatoes are tender.
- Then, mash the mixture so that the potatoes are roughly chopped. This way the soup should also be a bit thickened.
- Then, stir chives, cream, and cheese.
- If you want, then top it with sour cream, and then sprinkle cheese and bacon.
Enjoy your warm, rich, and velvety potato soup. If you want to make it little spicy, you can sprinkle black pepper or red chili flakes.
See more Golden Corral copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!