It is time to enjoy this yummy and tasty chicken recipe with a plate full of rice.
Ingredients for Rice Mixture
- Bacon (four slices, cut it into pieces with size being 1 inch)
- Worcestershire sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Thyme leaves (1/4 teaspoon, dried)
- Black eyed peas (one can, drain and rinse it)
- Cayenne pepper (1/8 teaspoon)
- Chopped onion (half cup)
- Green bell pepper (Half cup, chopped)
- Water (half cup)
- Long grain white rice (one cup, regular, uncooked)
- Chicken broth (14 oz.)
- All purpose flour (3 tablespoons)
- Cut up frying chicken (3-3 1/2 lb)
- Salt (Half teaspoon)
- Chili powder (1 teaspoon)
- Dried thyme leaves (1/4 teaspoon)
- At 375 degrees, you require heating the oven. Over medium heat, take a large skillet and cook the bacon. Make sure that you cook it until it turns brown in color. Next, you will need toad bell pepper and onions.
- Cook it for around three to four minutes or until you notice the vegetables turning tender crisp.
- Take a baking dish of about 13 x 9 inches and it should be ungreased.
- Now, add bacon mixture along with the remaining rice mixture ingredients and mix all of it properly.
- Take a food storage bag (plastic), and add salt, food storage bag, thyme, and flour together.
- Take one or two pieces of chicken at a time and put it inside the plastic bag.
- Shake the coat properly.
- Now, you need to place the chicken pieces, skin side up over the mixture of rice, and then cover it with foil.
- At 375 degrees you need to bake it for around 45 minutes and uncover it. You can again bake it for 15 to 30 minutes more or until you notice that the chicken has become soft and tender. Also, notice that the juices run clear.
It’s time to enjoy family time with this mouthwatering recipe.
See more Golden Corral copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!
There is no nutrition information is available for Golden Corral Louisiana Chicken and Rice but feel free to check out the Golden Corral nutrition for other dishes.