Make your football parties full of delight with amazing beer cheese dip. It is ready in 15 minutes and made with easy to find ingredients. This staple is a hit when served with chips, bread chunks, apple slices for dipping.
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 bottle Blue Moon Beer
- 1/2 milk
- Minced (2 cloves) Garlic & Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Sharp White Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Hot sauce
- taste Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishing Paprika or cayenne pepper powder
- Take butter in a medium-size saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Add flour in the saucepan and mix well until mixture becomes smooth. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add beer and milk in the mixture with continuous mixing.
- Now add the garlic, Worcestershire and mustard sauce.
- Keep stirring for about 5-10 minutes until mixture becomes thick.
- Once the sauce starts coating the backside of the wooden spoon, remove from the heat.
- Immediately mix and stir both Colby Jack and Sharp White Cheddar cheeses and hot sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After staple is ready, place in a bowl and add paprika or cayenne pepper powder for garnishing.
- Serve with soft pretzels for dipping.
- Choose soft cheeses that have a high moisture content.
- Old cheeses are tasty but stay away from too old cheeses that are hard to melt.
- You can use any beer that you like.
- You can refrigerate it for 3-4 days and reheat before serving.
Do not freeze your cheese dip as freezing will harm the dip texture.
See more Applebee's copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!
There is no nutrition information is available for Applebee's Beer Cheese Dip but feel free to check out the Applebee's nutrition for other dishes.