There are different versions you might have come across, however if you want to enjoy a flavored, smoked rack of ribs, you have to get your hands on these ones.
- 2 3 to 4 lbs Spareribs
- 2 tablespoons Lemon pepper
- 3/4 cup Apple cider
- Hickory or other hardwood smoking chips (Five cups- get it soaked in water for an hour and then drain it well)
- 3 tablespoons Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- BBQ Sauce (KC Master)
- 1 tablespoon Granulated garlic
- 4 tablespoons Sweet paprika
Start preparing the ribs. You will need to eliminate the membrane from the inner section of the ribs.
- Now, take a mixing bowl and add paprika, salt, granulated garlic, sugar, and lemon pepper and mix all of them together.
- Now, liberally sprinkle the rub on both the section of the rib. The seasoning needs to be properly rubbed on the meat. If you have ample, time make sure that you refrigerate the ribs overnight or at the least for about 2 hours.
- Now, take a spray bottle and with the help of a funnel, pour the bourbon and cider in it. To mix, shake the bottle properly.
Setting up the grill
At the centre put a drip pan and the grill needs to get preheated at a medium temperature at 325-degrees.
If you are utilizing a charcoal grill, toss around one and a half cups of wood chips over the coal. In case you have a gas grill, in the smoker box add some wood chips. Or, you could also properly wrap them around in an aluminum pouch (durable one). Make sure that you do make holes with the help of a fork. The pouch will then need to be placed under the grilling grate, right above the grill diverter plate.
Right at the centre of the grill, you will need to place the ribs bone in side down position. Cook the ribs until it gets brown. Make sure that it is properly cooked so that you can easily pull it apart through your fingers. Hence, you need to cook it for about two hours.
You will now have to take the bourbon and apple cider mixture and spray the ribs with it and after 30 minutes you will need to spray again, until they are properly done. If you are using a charcoal grill, an hour, you need to get it replenished and then add another 1-1/2 cups of smoking chips. After the ribs are done, you will notice that it will shrink by almost half an inch from the bones. It will get soft and tender and you can pull it apart from with your fingers. The outer side will look dark in fact might look black, however it will not be burnt. Take a platter and move the rack of ribs. You can also place it on a cutting board and cut them into two to three bone sections. You can now serve the bones with the BBQ sauce.
In case you want your ribs to have a sweet glaze, then you can brush it with the sauce at the end when you know that the cooking is almost done. At the last five minutes of the cooking, brush the ribs with the sauce. After this, move the ribs to the fire directly. Now, cook it till the sauce starts to sizzle and gets brown in color. Make sure however that you do it cautiously and it does not burn. Enjoy flavor filled cooked ribs glazed with sweet and spicy sauce and some great seasoning too.
See more Golden Corral recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!
There is no nutrition information is available for Golden Corral KC BBQ Spare Ribs but feel free to check out the Golden Corral nutrition for other dishes.