These sweet cornmeal muffins are tasty and you will enjoy every bite of it. These easy-to-prepare muffins can act as a snack as well as a dessert.
- 1/3 cup Flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup Cornmeal (yellow ones)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Agave nectar
- 2 Eggs (large)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Lime zest
- 4 tablespoons Butter (should be melted and cooled)
- 2 Jalapeno peepers (should be diced and seeded)
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, you have to mix baking powder, lime zest, flour, salt, and cornmeal. Take another bowl and whisk egg and milk together until it becomes frothy.
- Now, add butter and keep whisking, until every ingredient is mixed well.
- Now, add wet ingredients and the agave nectar to the cornmeal mixture. Stir well till everything is properly blended.
- You need to stir the diced jalapenos at last.
- Coat the loaf pan or cast iron skillet or any baking vessel with a nonstick spray. Pour the batter and bake for half an hour. Make sure that the center of the bread is not gooey, but it should be a little moist. Once done, let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
These muffins are not only tasty, but healthy too. Swap fried fast foods with these muffins for snacking. Carry these in your snack box while you are going out for a day.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.