Want some hot and healthy soup for those winter evenings? This ham and bean soup is just perfect as a winter dish. You can take it in any other season of the year too!
- 1 Thick slice of full ham with bone, cooked
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 16/1 can Great northern beans, undrained
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Keeping its bone cut the ham off bone in bite-size pieces.
- In a frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and keep the heat medium.
- Then, for 4 minutes fry ham pieces in hot butter, till they become brown.
- In a big saucepan, melt another tablespoon of butter and add carrots, onion, and garlic in it.
- Add undrained beans into the veggies; then add ham and the reserved ham bone. Finally, add water to get your desired soup thickness.
- Add bay leaves into the soup and keep stirring. Add salt and black pepper as per taste.
- Boil the soup in medium-low temperature and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once done remove ham bone and bay leaves from the soup.
- Serve this soup hot.
You can garnish it with chopped onions, coriander leaves and green chilies, to spice it up. Serve it with bread stick or as it is.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.