Whatever the occasion or season is, a hot bowl of beef soup is always welcomed.
- 1 lb beef (should be in chunk roast form, make sure that they are cut into eatable sizes)
- 3 carrots (slices should be thick)
- dried oregano (half teaspoon)
- celery (slice about 2 stalks)
- seasoning salt, about half teaspoon
- thyme (dry and about half a teaspoon)
- 1 onion (medium sized and finely chopped)
- potatoes (two small ones, and in cube size)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- beef broth, about half a cup
- frozen green beans (half cup)
- basil (half teaspoon)
- diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- Take a slow cooker, about 4 quart. In it, combine sliced carrots, cubed potatoes, pieces of beef chunk, sliced celery, and chopped onion.
- Sprinkle the ingredients you need for seasoning.
- On low heat, cook for about nine to ten hours and keep the lid covered.
- About one hour before the soup is done, stir green beans and the peas. After this throw away the bay leaf.
If you want you can sprinkle some parsley, for garnishing. Serve it as it is or with bread stick. Serve hot and enjoy a bowl of warm comfort.
See more Golden Corral copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!