Collard greens come with a lot of nutrition and are filled with healthy benefits. This healthy recipe tastes delicious and will be an enriching dish for your family.
- 1/2 lb Smoked meat (smoked neck bone, turkey wings or ham hocks)
- 1 bunch Collard greens
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Pepper sauce, red hot
- Add 3 quarts of water in a huge pot and bring it to a boil.
- Now, add smoked meat, seasoned salt, house seasoning and hot and spicy sauce.
- Now, get the heat reduced to a medium level and start cooking it for about an hour.
- Take collard greens and wash it carefully. Hold the leaf in your left hand and get the stems removed, which run through the center. You need to pull or strip the leaf carefully downward with your right hand. At the center or heart of the collards, you will notice tender young leaves. You do not have to strip those.
- Start stacking seven to eight leaves on top of each other and roll them up. Make slices of about 1/2 to 1-inch.
- Along with meat and butter, you will need to place the greens.
- Now, cook for around fifty to sixty minutes. Do stir occasionally.
- After this is done, make sure to taste it and adjust seasoning as per your requirement. It will serve around 4-6.
Collard greens are a southern soul food and it goes great when teamed with smoked turkey wings or ham hocks.
See more Golden Corral recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!
There is no nutrition information is available for Golden Corral Collard Greens but feel free to check out the Golden Corral nutrition for other dishes.