Clam with fine vegetable mix and seasoned spices to bring the best of flavor out. This recipe used cream, vinegar, butter, salt and black pepper to emphasize taste and aroma.
- 3 Cans of minced clams (6.5 oz.)
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Onion, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup of Celery, diced
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- Red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Put the onions, potatoes, celery and carrots into a large skillet. Drain the juice from the Clams over the ingredients in the skillet.
- Add some water till it covers the ingredients in the pan, cook until it become tender over medium heat.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and whisk it with flour until a smooth texture is achieved. Add cream, whisk and stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and thickens.
- Stir in the vegetables and clam juice from the skillet. Allow to heat through but make sure it doesn’t boil.
Just before serving, stir in
the clams. Once they have heated through, add in vinegar and stir.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
See more Jack In The Box copycat recipes if you would to like to explore more tasty recipes like this one!
There is no nutrition information is available for Jack In The Box Clam Chowder but feel free to check out the Jack In The Box nutrition for other dishes.