IHOP is no
longer letting the Elf stay on the shelf. Instead, the little Santa’s
helper is a part of the restaurant’s holiday menu.
Jan. 1, IHOP will serve green pancakes known as Jolly Cakes, Oh What
Funnel Cakes and others as part of the Elf on the Shelf menu. The
company said it was also running a kids-eat-free promotion.
Gmelich, IHOP’s Marketing Vice President, said a partnership
between the restaurant and the Elf on the Shelf brand means an even
more exciting holiday season for customers.
The Elf on the Shelf gimmick involves North Pole Scout Elves visiting homes to see how nice or naughty the kids are being. Part of the gimmick involves moving the elf around every day.
to IHOP representatives, each restaurant has an elf that is moved
around every day, and customers are encouraged to look for him in the
various hiding sport and document the mischiefs.
Chandra Bell, The Elf on the Shelf co-author, said she hopes families are enjoying the fun tradition of the Elf on the Shelf that’s now made its way to IHOP restaurants.
Until Jan. 1, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., kids under 12 can eat a free entrée off the Kids menu with a purchase of an adult one at certain restaurants.
are some of the menu items for the Elf on the Shelf gimmick?
- Holiday Ham & Sausage Omelette – Omelette filled with sausage, filled ham, onions, cheese, hash browns and fire-roasted peppers that come with a choice of side or three pancakes.
- Jolly Cakes – Four green pancakes with sweet cream cheese icing, whipped topping and elf sprinkles that look like elf-sized ornaments. These can also be purchased as a side.
- Little Elves Combo – Choice of Oh What Funnel Cake with powdered sugar, sprinkles and whipped topping along with one scrambled, pork sausage link and a bacon strip or Jolly Cake with whipped topping, cream cheese icing and sprinkles.
- Merry Marshmallow Hot Chocolate – Hot chocolate flavored with a toasted marshmallow syrup, whipped topping and elf sprinkles.
- Oh What Funnel Cakes – Two funnel cakes with a light dust of powder sugar, glazed strawberries, whipped topping and elf-like sprinkles.